THE HISTORY OF CYCLONE TOOLS
In the early 1890s, Leonard Chambers and William Thompson started a beekeeping supply business in Melbourne.
In 1898, they launched Cyclone Fence & Gate Company to provide wire fencing for hives. By the 1920s, the company was manufacturing a range of innovative products in Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and Perth. Cyclone wire fencing and gates were prized by Australian farmers, bushies and graziers for their strength and by city dwellers for their innovative designs and styles.
Over the years. Cyclone® expanded into other products lines, providing tools such as shovels, edgers, axes, forks, pruners and loppers.
Cyclone® became part of AMES Australasia in 2014.